Saturday, October 31, 2015

AIREX Mat Review - Top or Flop?



Airex Fitness Mats

Airex mats surprise with their amazing quality – they are worth the expense. With a joint-friendly cushioning effect provided by a special material, they are perfect for Fitness, Yoga, Pilates and much more.

Fitness on Airex Mat : Review
Training on Airex Fitline 180


Facts and Figures:

 

Range: 12 different models
Size: from 120x60 cm (47.2"x23.6") to 200x125cm (78.7"x49.2")
Airex producer of fitness matWeight: from 1,2 kg (2.6 lbs) to 11 kg (24.3 lbs)
Thickness: from 8 mm to 3,2 cm
Technology: 3A Composit®
Competitors: Mandula Black Pro, Gratz High, Crescent Moon Earth Friendly ECOmat



After years of working out on a cheap no-name fitness mat, I decided to treat myself to a new one. At first I was just looking for one which would do the trick and would not cost me too much money, but a friend of mine enthusiastically recommended me the “Airex” mat, he has the Hercules mat.  However, at first I was very sceptical. But I gave it a try…and soon enough I was convinced, which is why I want to share my experience with you.





Airex is a Swiss brand, specialized on the exact kind of memory-like-foam the mat is made of. They produce different kinds of foam mats and balance pads which can be used for fitness, Yoga, Pilates, Physiotherapy and much more. So what makes them so special? Airex mats are made out of a special material, which is especially joint-friendly and lets you train without even noticing that you are on you’re knees or jumping up and down.

fitness mat  for all kinds of trainingAfter training on a Yoga mat for years, my first impression of the Airex mat was that it is significantly thicker than a normal Yoga mat. However, it also feel significantly more comfortable – I even think I could sleep on it without any problems. I got the mat, a Fitline 180 in grey, and when I unpacked it, I was happy because the colour matched the one displayed in their online shop”. 



So I started my first workout, and I was amazed!

Especially when you are doing a lot of fitness exercises on you’re knees or your back, like Pilates, or you do a lot of jumping (like mountain climbers or jumping jacks). You will really feel the difference with this mat. It does not completely minimize the impact when you are moving, but it has quite a good cushioning effect and therefore relieves your joints.

Nevertheless, this amazing quality has it’s price. With almost 100 Euro (, Airex mats will not be kind on your budget and you should really consider an investment like this will be worth it. Personally, I don’t regret spending that kind of money – I should have bought an Airex mat long ago, and my knees agree!
 

In a nutshell:


Pro's:

  • Definitely the best fitness mat I’ve ever tried
  • Joint—friendly cushioning effect
  • Huge assortment: from Corona 200 and Atlas mat to Balance-pad.
  • Nice colour assortment
  • Easy to buy: in each good fitness shop, but also at WalMart or on Amazon.

 

Con’s:

  • Relatively heavy
  • Expensive in comparison to other mats
  •  
     

...Top or Flop?

Bildergebnis für icon thumbs up svg  
Would I recommend you to buy the Airex fitline 180 mat
Most definitely! 
It might be pricey, but is definitely worth the expense.  




4 comments:

  1. The best quality of drugs will be more effective on your body give you the fast result, on the other hand if you do not use the best quality of drugs than you can have to face the big danger for it. So please always do the safe body building and choose this SummitGym.net/ for getting the quality drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your place is for definite couturier bookmarking crossfitsite.com/crossfit-socks/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit realize out of the most other topics gym pros.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Nice stuffs here! To maintain the balance of core health, sweat routine there's something one should keep in mind to follow that refreshes mood,
    soothes masculine, relaxes from tiredness etc. If you are looking to have quality material that helps you practice yoga in right way then Tanyamya has the ideal yoga mat in store for all type yoga learners.




    ReplyDelete